The War Rankings 2
The Impact of Digital Engagement Ranking and FIFA Ranking in 2018 World Cup
After the World Cup, the results analysis shows curious data about the Digital Engagement Ranking (DR) impact over the teams that participated the competition.
The DR is considered as the criterion for determining, before the game, which would be the winner. The numbers are as follows:
1) The DR hit the winning team in 57.81% of the games;
2) Considering only the net game (winner in regular time) the rate rises to 71.15%;
3) In direct comparison between the Digital Engagement Ranking vs. FIFA Ranking, the DR (preference) had a performance 85.71% superior than Fifa Ranking (technical criteria);
4) The DR hit the most important game: the Cup final;
5) The DR hit 100% of the Group A matches;
6) The DR hit 6 in 8 games of the second round;
In other words, there are situation which the “personal choice” in mass (engagement) prevails over the technical performance. The proportion in this Cup was 1.85:1.
A curious fact: Belgium is the third place in FR and finished the cup also in third position.
The science house MrPredictions disclosed a series of studies during the World Cup. Among them, the digital ranking map of the 32 selections classified for the Cup, and the digital engagement map of the main soccer players, which have obtained a good repercussion in national and international media.
These works are part of the laboratory for predictive studies activities called P2eLab performed by experts from the University of New Mexico (USA).